If you have been following me for any length of time, you would know that I rarely ever wear my hair up. Why? To be honest, I loathe the way it looks when I personally put it up but put me in the hands of a hair stylist who is a pro at up-dos and I love it! I however don’t love what they have to do to make it that way. All the backcombing, teasing, hair spraying, etc., it’s all so damaging to my hair. Not that I don’t do multiple other things that damage my hair like dying it and regularly using hot tools but I do try to keep it at the minimum when possible.
To compensate for the damage I do do to my hair, I try and use hair products that are nourishing, repairing and protective. The bad part about those products is they tend to weigh my hair down even more, if that’s even possible with my hair lol. You see, I have VERY thin straight lifeless hair and I wont even go into my ridiculously long part that looks so awkward because of it. That is why I hate wearing my hair up. There is nothing to it. It has no life, volume, texture, nothing! Plus, all the nourishing products I put in my hair on top of that, make it so difficult to style it any other way then down.
I, like many other women, have always crave beautiful, silky hair but don’t want it weighed down by heavy products that claim to nourish and add shine. So when given the chance, I took the Dare. What dare you ask? The #silkyhairdare to try Dove Pure Care Dry Oil and fall in love with the touch and feel of your hair or your money back*
I admit, I fell in love! I was first impressed with the smell and then I was blown away by how soft and silky my hair felt, yet it wasn’t weighed down. I was able to go four days without washing my hair (tomorrow will be day five and its still not greasy or gross) and it looked just as gorgeous as the first day I washed it but it had more volume and texture to it (without any teasing).
Here is my hair on day 4:
Since my hair actually had nice volume and texture for once I decided to try an up-do tonight with it and I loved how it turned out, so I wanted to share it with you all! P.S. I used no teasing or backcombing to achieve this look.
This look is super simple and easy to achieve!
- 1. Brush through your hair and begin by parting your hair down the middle (Day two or three hair works best).
- 2. Braid both sections and fasten with elastic hair-ties. You can keep the braid tight or loosen it.
- 3. Tie the two braids into a regular knot.
- 4. Take the left side and circle counter-clockwise and then tuck the tail end in. Take the right side and circle clockwise and also tuck the end in.
- 5. Secure with bobby pins and hair spray if needed.
Now I dare you to take the #silkyhairdare
- Share your silky results at #silkyhairdare
- Share your silky results at #silkyhairdaresweeps for a chance to win** $20,000 in prizes up for grabs
- Visit Dove.com for more information
- Purchase in Mass, Food and Drug retailers nationwide
*If you are not completely satisfied with the Dove Advanced Hair Series Pure Care Dry Oil system Dove will refund the purchase. Visit hairmoneyback.com for details.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.